Easy. Send out press releases!
Why Press Releases?
The benefits of press releases are numerous. Here are 7 of the my favorites:
1. All businesses can benefit. No matter what business you are in, and no matter how small or big your company is, press releases and their distribution are a powerful tool. Even if you don’t have a compelling story line that tugs at the reader’s heart strings, you can still put together stories that can get you coverage in trade journals, magazines, blogs, podcasts, and other publications that cover your particular industry. Of course, you will need a story, but one that fits you uniquely.
2. Press releases are fairly inexpensive. Most entrepreneurs and companies write their own press releases. The only expense comes with hiring a press release distribution service to get the story in the hands of key media outlets. This, in fact, is fairly inexpensive, when compared to paid advertising. Press releases are almost always the most affordable option.
3. Press Releases boost your company’s visibility. This is especially important if you are an entrepreneur or small business. By sticking to a long-term press release distribution strategy, you will let customers know the 3 key elements that allow you to establish a relationship with them: who you are, what you do, and why they need you. You also gain the attention of journalists. Over time, they start to trust you more and give you more media coverage.
4. Press releases can turn you into an expert. Being seen as “the go-to person” in your industry is vitally important to establishing market share and more quality customer or clients. Once your potential clients trust you, they’re likelier to buy from you. But being an expert is also good for media relations. Press releases help them realize you are the one they should call on.
5. Good press releases have a wide distribution. By targeting smaller local media outlets, you gain wider and larger recognition. One of the reasons is that most major media outlets get a significant percentage of their stories from local outlets throughout the world. That’s how it works. One reporter picks up a story, and then it spreads from one publication to the next.
6. Press releases bring in customers. With over 80 million people getting their news online every day, you have access to a vast reservoir of potential customers. So, by keeping your buyers in mind when writing your press release, your words effectively turn into an advertisement.
7. Press releases attract investors. Press releases can be a powerful tool if you need more funds to grow your business. Just make sure you have an online news room on your website where potential investors can get more information.
Look It Up
When all is said and done, press releases can be a major tool for growing your coaching or consulting business. There are several distribution services online, so Google “press releases” to get the names of top companies. We use presscable.com, but do your own search to find the best for your needs.